In this O'Reilly report, author Andy Still points out:
• How the advantages of using cloud-based systems outweigh the disadvantages
• How you can closely monitor system elements that you don’t control, with Real User Monitoring (RUM) and other tools
• How to use a CDN and cache data as close to users as possible
• How to architect your systems to gracefully handle potential cloud service failures
If your website takes longer than 3 seconds to load, it's already losing revenue. Case studies from dozens of companies like Amazon and Google prove that page load time has a direct link to metrics like cart abandonment, page views, and conversion rate. In short, speeding up page load times through web performance optimization (WPO) may be the most efficient way to increase the ROI of your website. This guide covers the many ways that improving web performance can impact your bottom line, so that you’re equipped to prove the ROI of improving your site’s performance. Download the free guide now!
Published By: Internap
Published Date: Jul 15, 2011
Download this report and learn key questions and answers companies should know before deploying a private cloud and how Internap can deliver value at every stage of your IT organization's evolution toward the cloud.
Published By: Equinix
Published Date: Jul 31, 2012
This white paper from GigaOM Pro explains the factors to consider when developing a public-to-private cloud migration or hybrid strategy, some pitfalls to avoid and a case study. Get your complimentary 40-page report now.
Published By: CDW Vmware
Published Date: Aug 02, 2012
Following the sale of a company division housing its corporate data center, Source Interlink had to relocate core IT operations. Teaming with CDW, they were able to not only relocate, but lower capital and operating costs, reduce
their carbon footprint, and increase efficiency.
The fast-evolving digital landscape is changing the game for all organizations. The way we consume content, conduct research, consume video and music, and drive efficiency in our work environment is raising the bar for digital experience. Organizations that rely on the internet to reach customers and drive revenue increasingly turn to cloud-based infrastructure and content delivery networks (CDNs) to achieve the reach and global footprint needed to keep up with customer demands. Delivering these services with high availability and performance across an unpredictable internet over which you have very little visibility and control is a major challenge.
Most organizations today are moving at least some of their infrastructure to the cloud. A cloud or hybrid cloud approach often requires constant monitoring, planning, testing and optimizing to keep a consistent, reliable, always available web experience. Read this O’Reilly report to learn the latest rules and recommendations to architecting your cloud instance, debunk the common fears to cloud adoption and discover how to gain back control in areas you didn’t realize you could.
Many Windows applications are traditional x86/x64 apps, which can be several GBs in size. To package and deploy apps to remote worker and branch office endpoints, organizations mostly rely on costly distribution servers, which are both capital and labor intensive. New Windows Software Distribution capabilities in AirWatch create a more efficient and enterprise scalable deployment experience that reduces bandwidth, infrastructure, and labor costs.
• Manage the full lifecycle of Win32 apps - including deploying apps, dependencies and patches
• Eliminate the challenges of complex app packaging, unreliable app installs and recurring OS imaging with App Stacks delivery
• Distribute apps to remote and branch users with CDN and P2P capabilities and eliminate your distribution server footprint
• Deliver apps in a unified app catalog and provide a consistent single sign-on experience for the user