IT organizations using machine data platforms like Splunk recognize the importance of consolidating disparate data types for top-down visibility, and to quickly respond to critical business needs. Machine data is often underused and undervalued, and is particularly useful when managing infrastructure data coming from AWS, sensors and server logs.
Download “The Essential Guide to Infrastructure Machine Data” for:
The benefits of machine data for network, remote, web, cloud and server monitoring
IT infrastructure monitoring data sources to include in your machine data platform
Machine data best practices
The financial services industry has unique challenges that often prevent it from achieving its strategic goals. The keys to solving these issues are hidden in machine data—the largest category of big data—which is both untapped and full of potential.
Download this white paper to learn:
*How organizations can answer critical questions that have been impeding business success
*How the financial services industry can make great strides in security, compliance and IT
*Common machine data sources in financial services firms
One of the biggest challenges IT ops teams face is the lack of visibility across its infrastructure — physical, virtual and in the cloud. Making things even more complex, any infrastructure monitoring solution needs to not only meet the IT team’s needs, but also the needs of other stakeholders including line of business (LOB) owners and application developers.
For companies already using a monitoring platform like Splunk, monitoring blindspots arise from the need to prioritize across multiple departments. This report outlines a four-step approach for an effective IT operations monitoring (ITOM) strategy.
Download this report to learn:
How to reduce monitoring blind spots when creating an ITOM strategy
How to address ITOM requirements across IT and non-IT groups
Distinct layers across ITOM Potential functionality gaps with domain-specific products
Published By: Aviatrix
Published Date: Jun 11, 2018
Once you've designed and secured your Global Transit Network, are you done? Are you ready to hand day-to-day responsibility over to an operations team? Or, are there other elements you need to ensure that the day-to-day operation of your transit hub is efficient and effective?
As part of our fact-filled AWS Bootcamp series, Aviatrix CTO Sherry Wei and Neel Kamal, head of field operations at Aviatrix, demonstrate the best practices they've gleaned from working with operations teams, all who require:
• Visibility: Do you have a way to centrally view your network, see performance bottlenecks, control security policies, and set other configuration details?
• Deep Analytics: Can you easily gather performance and audit data and export it to Splunk, DataDog, or other advanced reporting tools?
• Monitoring and Troubleshooting: Do you have a real-time view of network health, and how easily can you access the data needed to locate and fix issues?
• Alert Management: When issues do occur, what r
Published By: New Relic
Published Date: Mar 17, 2015
Are you an AWS user looking to accelerate time to market? Lower costs? Or avoid painful mistakes as you migrate your applications to the Cloud?
If you answered “yes” to one or all of the above, then this guide is for you. It offers everything you need to get started improving the performance of your AWS applications with end-to-end monitoring from New Relic.
From instructions for installing the agent, a basic feature overview, to AWS best practices, this guide is full of useful information for New Relic newbies.
Although we recommend installing New Relic early on to monitor and ensure the success of your cloud migration, it’s never too late to get better visibility into your application environment. So let’s get started exploring everything that New Relic can do for you.
Neovise, a cloud computing industry research and analyst firm, prepared this Perspective Report.
• Cloud(n), an IaaS public cloud solution developed by NTT and hosted by Verio, delivers unique value, flexibility, reliability, backed by 24/7 customer support.
• Using NTT’s vast global network, Verio can offer 99.99% reliability as well as free bandwidth and fixed pricing caps, so customers never pay more than expected.
• Citrix CloudPlatform provides developers with a secure, reliable, hypervisor agnostic foundation supporting almost any workload, scaling in and out, as needed.
• The intuitive management portal enables custom configured cloud servers to be spun up in minutes, using pre-set or uploaded templates. Load balancing, auto scaling, and monitoring are included. With an extensible API, the portal integrates with over 200 3rd party solutions, including AWS.
• ISVs, SaaS and developers should seriously consider the many advantages of Cloud(n).
With so much of today's commerce being conducted electronically, providing staff with internet access has become a business necessity. The improper use of e-mail and instant messengers can lead to extremely expensive lawsuits, and the proliferation of mobile devices has made it considerably easier for errant employees to steal sensitive information. This white paper will detail the risks to which organizations that do not monitor their employees are exposed and explain the right way for organizations to go about monitoring.