|| Sep 08, 2016
|| White Paper
Transforming the Enterprise with Secure Mobility
White Paper Published By: Cisco
Cisco is a very different company from what it might have been because of secure mobility. Ten years ago, Cisco employees worked in cubicles, usually in the same building and same floor as their manager and the rest of their team. Today, Cisco employees are highly mobile, and they work in global, distributed teams.
- Cisco has more than 70,000 teleworkers or “day extenders.”
- More than 70 percent of employees work from home at least one day a week, and more than 25,000 work from home three days a week.
- 63 percent of managers manage one or more people remotely.
- 40 percent of Cisco employees do not work in the same city as their manager.
- 28 percent of Cisco employees work in a distributed team; 23 percent are on the road.